I am very excited that book 3 in this popular series is now here, once more with completely wowsome illustrations by Nick East. Yes, for this title we took the tranimalator down under to chat to 10 'mazing marsupials including:
- A wombat (it does square poos!)
- A Tasmanian Devil (beware: bitey!)
- Koala (SO cute)
- Bandicoot (feisty)
- Numbat (rare and TOTALLY adorable)
Once again this book is set out in fun Q&A format with me asking all the questions we want to know ("Why are your feet MASSIVE?") and the animals telling it like it is! Some of them were quite rude about us humans and some of them were very funny. I also met some amazing animals you might not know such as the quokka, cuscus and sugar glider - yes it glides and eats sugar!
If you're not familiar with this series and you're wondering, "WAIT a minute, HOW does this author guy talk to animals? I mean they don't use words. How is this POSSIBLE?" Good question. Well, the answer is that I have a secret machine called a tranimalator - a clever device that turns growls, moos and ribbits into our language. Here I am chasing a 'roo with the tech on my back:
So, get this book and you will learn LOADS about these wonderful animals.
- Discover why marsupials have pouches
- Find how why kangaroos box each other
- Are Tasmanian Devils really evil or just messy eaters
- If the quokka really is the happiest animal in the world
- Why opposums sometimes pretend to be dead, and much more.
It has jokes, facts, great pictures, drama, action, fun, quizzy bits and a special section explaining how you can help endangered animals like the poor little numbat and the cuddly koala.