Here is a colourful celebration of the world’s most disgusting creatures. If you dare to read it you'll discover the yuckiest, smelliest, grisliest and wackiest animals on the planet including cannibals, earwax-eaters, bloodsuckers, bottom sniffers, poo-bombers and parasites that live on your face. You'll meet stink badgers, assassin bugs, cookiecutter sharks and exploding toads – as well as the grossest animal of all, the noisy, nasty, nose-picking human being!
With wonderful watercolour illustrations from Claire Almon, you'll find out just how gross nature can be (and discover why animals are adapted to look or behave like this). And of course there are funny bits too:
Here are some of the animals featured:
- blood-sucking leeches
- vampire bats and vampire birds
- the botfly with its giant flesh-eating maggot
- the naughty nudibranch, which steals stings from jellyfish
- the horrific tongue-eating louse
- the animal with the world's smelliest trumps
- the creature that does square poos
There are facts, funny lists, giggly captions, amazing pictures and some quizzes in the back to test your friends' gross knowledge. All in all, it's not to be missed!